TPhYL Test Application Form
TPhYL is a Synthetic Phonics teaching proficiency qualification for teachers who are currently teaching or intend to teach phonics to young learners.
Please read the instructions and fill in the online application below.
1. Select the test date and location. Fill in your information.
2. Read the "Terms & Conditions" and tick the check box.
3. The test fee can be paid by credit card / bank transfer / PayPal.
4. We will contact you within two working days by email address you provided.
Terms and Conditions
TPhYL Test Terms and Conditions
You must …
- provide valid proof of your identity (passport or ID card) upon registration on the test day.
- arrive at the venue 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the test to complete the registration. If you arrive after the test has started, you will not be permitted to take the test, and no refunds will be made.
- attend all components of the test. If you do not attend all components, the test will be deemed incomplete and you will not receive a TPhYL test result.
- consent to have any test related video or audio recording taken of you. If you refuse, you will not be allowed to sit for the test and no refunds will be made.
- tell the assessors immediately if you think you have been given an incorrect or incomplete test paper.
- leave all test materials in the room including rough drafts, teaching aids created, and answer sheets. Anyone who attempts to bring them out of the room will have their test considered invalid and will not receive any results.
- submit any complaints before you leave the venue on the test day if you have any issues about the way in which the test is delivered at the venue or any other reasons. Complaints thereafter will not be accepted.
You must not …
- engage in any unprofessional and dishonest conduct which may damage the integrity of the TPhYL test. Such misconducts include, but are not limited to:
- attempting to cheat in any way, including using notes of any kind from any source.
- aiding and abetting other candidates to cheat.
- impersonating another candidate or having another candidate impersonate you.
- copying the work of another candidate.
- disrupting the test in any way.
- reproducing any part of the test in any medium.
- attempting to alter the data on the Test Report.
Candidates engaging in any unprofessional and dishonest conduct will not be allowed to complete the test and will not receive a TPhYL result. They will also not receive any refunds.
TPhYL Test Rules & Regulations
It is always your responsibility to understand and adhere to these Test Regulations. Failure to follow any of these regulations may disqualification from the entire test.
- You are required to comply with any instructions issued before a test session. A TPhYL Assessor or Administrator is required to report any cases of irregularity to the board.
- The board is empowered to discontinue the test of a candidate suspected of misconduct and to exclude them from the test venue.
- Any and all electronic devices must be turned off at all times in the test venue.
- If you are found to have any electronic communication device (including a mobile phone) on your desk, or your mobile phone rings or vibrates during the test, that device may be confiscated by a TPhYL Assessor or Administrator.
- You should leave your personal belongings in the test venue according to the instructions given to you by the TPhYL Assessor or Administrator. The board will not under any circumstances accept responsibility for loss, theft or damage to articles deposited in the test venue.
- You must answer in English. You must write your answer legibly in black or blue ink. No use of correction fluid in any form is allowed.
- Before the test begins, you should complete all the details on the front cover of your test booklets according to the instructions given to you by the TPhYL Assessor or Administrator. No extra time is allowed for writing this at the end of the test.
- You must stop writing immediately once the end of the test is announced. You are not allowed to leave your desk until instructed to do so by the TPhYL Assessor or Administrator.
- You must submit all question booklets, answer papers and any other test materials to the TPhYL Assessor or Administrator at the end of the test.
- If you have any complaints regarding the test venue or arrangements, you should notify the TPhYL Assessor or Administrator in the first instance. The board will take further actions if deemed appropriate.
I understand that:
- It is necessary for my personal information to be collected and processed in order for me to verify my identity on the test day and when I come to collect my results. All information collected will be stored securely for the use of test purposes only.
- My video and audio recordings will be taken as part of the test procedures. If there should be any problems with the recordings, I may be asked to retake that part.
- Group photographs may be taken on the day and be used for marketing purposes.
- There may be an observer present as part of the test monitoring process.
-I acknowledge that the TPhYL test is owned by Phonics Education Association, Hong Kong.
Online Payment (TPhYL Fee: HK$4200)
Bank Account Holder’s Name :
PHONICS EDUCATION ASSOCIATION LIMITED
HSBC : 023-752-546-001
Bank of China : 012-6922-005-1773
FPS 轉數快 : 96603782
(* The test fee is non-refundable)